| page 1 of 17; games 1-25 of 404
| page 1 of 17; games 1-25 of 404
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 6 OF 6 ·
|Aug-07-15|| ||tamar: 1 minute for Howell now, doing the full Grischuk for the last round,|
|Aug-07-15|| ||Dionysius1: <sydbarrett> At least them having to play a game together proves they both exist ; –)|
|Aug-07-15|| ||tamar: Would make a good plot twist for "Dead Ringers 2"|
|Aug-07-15|| ||Harvestman: Hawkins strikes first to get to 8.5. That puts the pressure on the other leaders.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||capablancakarpov: And Hebden blunders at move 38 from a drawish position. Now Howell can tie with Hawkins for first|
|Aug-07-15|| ||Dionysius1: It's looking very like a play-off tomorrow between Howell and Hawkins. Howell is winning against Hebden.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||technical win: <capablancakarpov: And Hebden blunders at move 38 from a drawish position. Now Howell can tie with Hawkins for first> A <technical win> for sure, although everything can happen in a rook endgame.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||capablancakarpov: Howell spend 30 minutes on move 42, and now is again in severe time trouble, this kid needs adrenaline!|
|Aug-07-15|| ||tamar: Howell liquidates into drawn ending. Tough to win anyway, but a puzzling decision.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||kellmano: The Perts aren't identical twins <dionysius1>, though they are clearly brothers. Both look like chess players, if you know what I mean.|
Gormally's tweet to which I referred was one saying that Arkell had said that he wanted to play a nervous Gorm in the last round and that friends shouldn't do this and that Arkell was a <insert word rhyming with banker>
|Aug-07-15|| ||kellmano: Fair play Hawkins. He lost earlier to Gormally, but is a super strong player.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||Dionysius1: <kellmano> Thanks. Gormally seems to live in a world of pain with his chess.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||offramp: Well done to Hawkins. His book is really good, BTW.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||kellmano: <Dinoysius1> yes I think it might extend to his life in general. He moans all the time about how he hasn't got a girlfriend or money or how fat he is (I don't think he's that fat).|
He tweeted once 'When will my life get any better?' and I responded along the lines of 'not until you are a bit more positive about yourself'. He didn't reply.
|Aug-07-15|| ||Dionysius1: <kellmano> Well I wish him a happier life and a better opinion of himself. Apropos, that was a fun tournament to keep up with.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||Everett: Regarding Gormally, perhaps a little narcissism and focus on oneself can translate into a gal and better life soon after.|
|Aug-07-15|| ||perfidious: <kellmano....Gormally's tweet to which I referred was one saying that Arkell had said that he wanted to play a nervous Gorm in the last round and that friends shouldn't do this and that Arkell was a <insert word rhyming with banker>>|
Um, tanker, for one hundred points???
|Aug-07-15|| ||HeMateMe: I guess it wasn't a Sad-ie Hawkins day.|
|Aug-08-15|| ||offramp: Gormally tweeted, about prize money:
<The difference between 8 points and 7.5 was vast: 8 got just over £1,400 whereas 7.5 got £150.>
Mind you, I seem to remember that a few years ago the British Ch was played without a prize fund.
|Aug-08-15|| ||Dionysius1: <Everett> I assume you mean a little less narcissism…?|
|Aug-08-15|| ||Dionysius1: It sounds like the top players got some appearance fees as well, from what Phil Ehr CEO of the English Chess Federation said at a recent Q & A. Hear at 19:40https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzA...|
|Aug-08-15|| ||perfidious: The eight-pointers probably made enough to cover expenses and not a great deal more (including time spent preparing for the event) and those who took home 150 quid were left with walking round money--maybe.|
|Aug-08-15|| ||Dionysius1: I guess it depends how much the appearance fees were, that Phil Ehr seem to be implying were paid.|
|Aug-09-15|| ||Everett: <Dionysius1: <Everett> I assume you mean a little less narcissism…?>|
No, meant as stated.
|Aug-10-15|| ||Dionysius1: Interesting! You may be right :-)|
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 6 OF 6 ·
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC