| page 1 of 19; games 1-25 of 471
|1. Shyam Jagdish Modi vs D Mason
|| ||½-½||17||2016||British Championship||B01 Scandinavian|
|2. J Golding vs P Brooks
|| ||½-½||29||2016||British Championship||E16 Queen's Indian|
|3. J P Nelson vs A Elwin
||1-0||41||2016||British Championship||E77 King's Indian|
|4. M Lyell vs M Grigoryan
||1-0||9||2016||British Championship||C25 Vienna|
|5. Nigel Ralphs vs M E Osborne
|| ||½-½||62||2016||British Championship||C02 French, Advance|
|6. Pavel Asenov vs Robert Starley
|| ||1-0||55||2016||British Championship||A09 Reti Opening|
|7. M Simons vs M Brown
|| ||0-1||21||2016||British Championship||D00 Queen's Pawn Game|
|8. C Storey vs I Lentzos
|| ||0-1||44||2016||British Championship||A37 English, Symmetrical|
|9. M Waddington vs A Hill
|| ||1-0||64||2016||British Championship||B23 Sicilian, Closed|
|10. R Willmoth vs C Brewer
|| ||1-0||43||2016||British Championship||E06 Catalan, Closed, 5.Nf3|
|11. I Clark vs R Britton
|| ||½-½||21||2016||British Championship||B90 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|12. S A Jones vs A Golding
|| ||1-0||41||2016||British Championship||B94 Sicilian, Najdorf|
|13. A P Smith vs Taran Jina
|| ||1-0||41||2016||British Championship||C18 French, Winawer|
|14. D Miller vs A Zhang
|| ||0-1||58||2016||British Championship||B25 Sicilian, Closed|
|15. D B Graham vs Zoe Varney
|| ||1-0||55||2016||British Championship||C52 Evans Gambit|
|16. Richard Zhu vs O Hackner
|| ||0-1||62||2016||British Championship||E04 Catalan, Open, 5.Nf3|
|17. T Wall vs Joseph Dalton
||1-0||19||2016||British Championship||B06 Robatsch|
|18. K M Shepherd vs A A Taylor
|| ||0-1||37||2016||British Championship||A46 Queen's Pawn Game|
|19. D Coleman vs L Keely
|| ||½-½||61||2016||British Championship||B13 Caro-Kann, Exchange|
|20. L Davis vs A Oyama
|| ||0-1||41||2016||British Championship||A45 Queen's Pawn Game|
|21. A Kalaiyalahan vs S A Walker
|| ||1-0||39||2016||British Championship||D71 Neo-Grunfeld|
|22. J Menadue vs C Duncan
|| ||½-½||35||2016||British Championship||D32 Queen's Gambit Declined, Tarrasch|
|23. Harry Grieve vs J Rudd
||0-1||50||2016||British Championship||A41 Queen's Pawn Game (with ...d6)|
|24. O Gill vs Arkell
|| ||½-½||57||2016||British Championship||B06 Robatsch|
|25. Emms vs N Talbot
|| ||1-0||36||2016||British Championship||C05 French, Tarrasch|
| page 1 of 19; games 1-25 of 471
|Aug-06-16|| ||jith1207: Looks like by the time this tournament has been added, alas, everybody is commenting on Sinquefield cup.|
Wonderful cameo by Adams, is he still assisting Carlsen for matches?
|Aug-06-16|| ||kingfu: Whither Nigel?|
|Aug-06-16|| ||PhilFeeley: Justin Tan should get a GM norm.|
|Aug-08-16|| ||Sokrates: <jith1207: ... Wonderful cameo by Adams ...>|
Very true. Although Adams's star is fading on the international stage (# 22 for the moment), he has once more demonstrated his supremacy on the British Isles. No losses and a clear win says it all, well done!
|Aug-09-16|| ||Mr. V: <Sokrates> I wouldn't say fading, he's been pretty consistent for a couple of years now. Of course, it's inevitable he'll be on a downward trajectory, but evidently he has slowed that trend down quite a bit.|
|Aug-10-16|| ||Chessinfinite: A very Karpov like performance by Mickey.. 10/11 is Fischeresque, nice.. All the best to Adams.|
|Aug-10-16|| ||starry2013: Adams highest rating was September 2013, and for the last 3 years he's been been in the top 20 most of the time, a couple of times he got to 12.|
|Aug-13-16|| ||Sokrates: <Mr. V>, <starry2013> - I don't disagree with you. Adams is, as demonstrated here, still a very very strong player. What I meant was: but not in the top 10 elite, not among those who could strive for the throne.|
|Aug-13-16|| ||HeMateMe: <Whither Nigel?>
Still suffering a Brexit hangover?
|Aug-13-16|| ||morfishine: Terrific tournament by Adams! I really thought Howell would win this|
|Sep-01-16|| ||starry2013: Sokrates <not among those who could strive for the throne>|
In reality most aren't really striving for the throne. I think his main aim is to just try and do his personal best, that's always a target to improve on.
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC