| page 1 of 4; games 1-25 of 81
| page 1 of 4; games 1-25 of 81
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 12 OF 12 ·
|May-22-17|| ||alexmagnus: I'm not downplaying anything, I'm just against premature euphoria. It has noting to do with liking or not. See, I'm a fan of Carlsen, and when MC was not yet the best he became around 2012, I always put some realism into the discussion of his results. Same with Hou and Wei Yi. And Rapport, for that matter. |
Hou performed well here. But nothing too far above her usual form swings.
|May-22-17|| ||Sokrates: Well, <alexmagnus>, there is a difference between "premature euphoria" and simply acknowledging a great achievement by a player, who in many ways has suffered strange conditions for the free enfolding of her talents. I hear your intentions, but I have to concur with <AzingaBonzer> that you seem to view the glass half empty instead of half full, when it comes to Yifan Hou. I would gladly stand corrected on that assessment.|
|May-22-17|| ||BOSTER: The stalemate is a jewerly, decorative object worn on the chessboard. Don't change the rules.|
|May-22-17|| ||Pedro Fernandez: << BOSTER>: It is not easy to get the ticket to play in Candidates among such players like Caruana, So, Kramnik, Aronian and maybe Carlsen.>
Hey <Boster>, really interesting you mentioning Carlsen as a possible participant in Candidates. According what I know, there is not any FIDE rule which prohibits Carlsen play there. I had a reply of our pals telling to me that such a fact was possible.|
|May-22-17|| ||Pedro Fernandez: <<CountryGirl>: Great result for Hou!> No doubt <CG>, perhaps her best performance!|
|May-22-17|| ||Pedro Fernandez: <<tuttifrutty>: What a boring tourney...what do we expect when the players were culled from protected species? A snoooozer feast.> C'mon <Tutty>! Don't be so radicaal. Greetings!|
|May-23-17|| ||morfishine: Excellent tournament!
|May-23-17|| ||botvinnik64: Ding is (was) the deserved winner; he fought all he could, with Black in the last round, to win. Yifan also pressed in almost every game, and she won three, just as many as Ding. For me, they were the stars.|
|May-23-17|| ||JimNorCal: Nero also showed combative spirit|
|May-23-17|| ||BOSTER: Who is Nero?|
|May-23-17|| ||Absentee: <botvinnik64: Ding is (was) the deserved winner; he fought all he could, with Black in the last round, to win. Yifan also pressed in almost every game, and she won three, just as many as Ding. For me, they were the stars.>|
Seconded. I'm a little miffed by Mamedyarov's second place. More than half of his games were unplayed.
|May-23-17|| ||Sokrates: <JimNorCal: Nero also showed combative spirit|
BOSTER: Who is Nero?>
Roman emperor 37-68. On the 15 Dec. this year we may celebrate his 1,980th birthday. Very combative man and according to himself, a brilliant singer. However, there is no substantial evidence about his presence in this tournament. It would have been sensational, though!
|May-23-17|| ||WannaBe: While Rome burned, Nero fiddled, and fans were yelling "Mucho the Nero"!!|
I'll show myself out the door, now. Thank you.
|May-23-17|| ||JimNorCal: Heh :)
I meant Nepo but stupid auto correct got me. Glad to see you guys run with the ball!
|May-23-17|| ||nok: <Roman emperor 37-68.> That's a pretty long career. He must have played everyone from Keres to Fischer.|
|May-23-17|| ||tamar: <JimNorcal> Nice try, but you blew the whistle on Nero, who fled Rome after the fire, and marauded the earth beginning in 1497 playing as NN|
|May-23-17|| ||Absentee: <nok: <Roman emperor 37-68.> That's a pretty long career. He must have played everyone from Keres to Fischer.>|
Also had a very successful post-imperial career as optical media burner. Not everyone can manage the transition so smoothly.
|May-23-17|| ||nok: I see what you mean. All I/O buses lead to that media.|
|May-24-17|| ||Sokrates: <tamar: <JimNorcal> Nice try, but you blew the whistle on Nero, who fled Rome after the fire, and marauded the earth beginning in 1497 playing as NN>|
Or, perhaps, reincarnated here:
Napoleon Bonaparte vs Madame De Remusat, 1804
|May-24-17|| ||AylerKupp: <JimNorCal> Just remember, it isn't a real tournament unless Nero is playing in it.|
|May-24-17|| ||WannaBe: I heard there will be movie made, soon. Starring Robert DeNero.|
|May-24-17|| ||technical draw: At least Nakamura earned laundry money.|
|May-24-17|| ||Howard: Oh? How much laundry money?|
|May-24-17|| ||WannaBe: Mucho, Mucho, Mucho, De Nero!!|
|May-24-17|| ||technical draw: <Howard: Oh? How much laundry money?>|
That depends. How many Giorgio Armani suits do you reckon he has?
< Earlier Kibitzing · PAGE 12 OF 12 ·
Spot an error? Please suggest your correction and help us eliminate database mistakes!
NOTE: You need to pick a username and password to post a reply.
Getting your account takes less than a minute, is totally anonymous, and 100% free—plus, it
entitles you to features otherwise unavailable.
Pick your username now and join the chessgames community!
If you already have an account, you should
Please observe our posting guidelines:
- No obscene, racist, sexist, profane, raunchy, or disgusting language.
- No spamming, advertising, duplicate or nonsense posts.
- No malicious personal attacks, including cyber stalking, systematic antagonism, or gratuitous name-calling of any member Iincludinfgall Admin and Owners or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. If you think someone is an idiot, then provide evidence that their reasoning is invalid and/or idiotic, instead of just calling them an idiot. It's a subtle but important distinction, even in political discussions.
- Nothing in violation of United States law.
- No malicious posting of or linking to personal, private, and/or negative information (aka "doxing" or "doxxing") about any member, (including all Admin and Owners) or any of their family, friends, associates, or business interests. This includes all media: text, images, video, audio, or otherwise. Such actions will result in severe sanctions for any violators.
- NO TROLLING. Admin and Owners know it when they see it, and sanctions for any trolls will be significant.
- Any off-topic posts which distract from the primary topic of discussion are subject to removal.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts to circumvent disciplinary action taken by Moderators is expressly prohibited.
- The use of "sock puppet" accounts in an attempt to undermine any side of a debate—or to create a false impression of consensus or support—is prohibited.
- All decisions with respect to deleting posts, and any subsequent discipline, are final, and occur at the sole discretion of the Moderators, Admin, and Owners.
- Please try to maintain a semblance of civility at all times.
NOTE: Keep all discussion on the topic of this page.
This forum is for this specific tournament and nothing else. If you want to discuss chess in general, or
this site, visit the Kibitzer's Café.
Messages posted by Chessgames members do not necessarily represent the views of Chessgames.com, its employees, or sponsors. All Moderator actions taken are at the sole discretion of the Admin and Owners—who will strive to act fairly and consistently at all times.
your profile |
Premium Membership |
Kibitzer's Café |
Biographer's Bistro |
new kibitzing |
Tournament Index |
Player Directory |
Notable Games |
World Chess Championships |
Opening Explorer |
Guess the Move |
Game Collections |
ChessBookie Game |
Chessgames Challenge |
privacy notice |
Copyright 2001-2019, Chessgames Services LLC